Friday, April 13, 2007

Goodbye, World, Hello, Kitty

I've been thinking lately of existential angst and the incredible pretentiousness of the academic world. I've decided that, to write a really good thesis, you should use expressions like "meta irony", or, even better "existential irony", or finally, "ironically meta", which could confuse people, but then again, everyone's pretty much confused. Whobah!

I am proud to say I have been made a commentor on the gawker.com website. Yes, life is full of simple pleasures, and of course, being gawker.com, I may be "executed" any day now. Such is the joy of anything originating from the evil competitive realm of NYC. Glad I don't live there, folks! All 0.3 of you.

I am still at work on my book. It's getting way down to the wire and I'm very pleased. I also found out that the MSW program I applied to is basically fucking evil, as they stated in their handbook that they had "rolling admissions" and then it turns out my application was just too far past the deadline. I wrote the admissions director a concise email explicating my confusion; I will see what happens.

I am hoping for some actual live money soon, which I have been in the process of securing. Legally; have no fear! I'm tired of going out with friends and watching as they order creme brulle and I ask for tap water or a cup of coffee. They are nice, they share, they offer to pay, but then I just feel worse if I accept, like they're secretly resentful and tabulating it all in a little black book of sorts. The anti black book of dating.

Ah yes, I have decided to let go (at last, at last) the blue-eyed doctor who has made my life such a veritable heaven/hell. I will never see him again. And so it goes. But hey, I might find an agent!

This library is full of screaming children. Such agony, the screaming children. Put me in, that is.

I am very tired. I bid you a fond "adieu".

No comments: